I haven’t done one of my Top 5 music lists for a while. Although, believe me, we do it all the time at home.
It’s a dull, grey day today so I feel like an injection of colour.
So here they are, my Top 5 songs about Colours :
1. Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix.
This is the Live at the Isle of Wight version.
I want a Hendrix song played at my funeral.
It’ll probably be All Along The Watchtower but for sheer irreverence it should be Foxy Lady.
‘Scuse me while I kiss the sky…
2. She’s A Rainbow by The Rolling Stones. I know Apple got hold of this song and we’ve all heard it a million times, but it fits the bill today. I mean, it’s got ALL the colours of the rainbow.
Have you seen her dressed in blue, see the sky in front of you…..
3. This one isn’t quite as cheery.
It’s Black by Pearl Jam. Eddie is looking rather fetching in this clip. Sweaty, but fetching.
Ooooh, and all I taught her was everything….
4. I can’t go past this song.
Yellow by Coldplay.
Look at the stars, look how they shine for you…..
5. And finally, what would this Top 5 list be without an offering from the King (or should I say Prince) of colour? From His Holy Purpleness himself? No, it’s not Purple Rain. It’s not Little Red Corvette. It’s the only song that has made me want to wear a suit printed with clouds -
Raspberry Beret by Prince.
I think I loooooovvvee her…..
So what are your favourite songs about colours? Have I left any out that you think should be included?
I also thought of Colours by Donovan, Red Rain by Peter Gabriel, Green Green Grass Of Home by Tom Jones. It’s hard to narrow it down to just five. Look forward to hearing your picks.